Today, we are going to learn about how to clean a mattress.
A clean mattress will help us sleep better and keep us healthy.
It also prevents the buildup of allergens, dust mites, and other potentially harmful for your health
And lucky for us, it’s not a difficult task
Take off all the sheets and blankets
This is the first thing to do, of course
We need to wash these things in the washing machine
Vacuum the mattress
Use the vacuum cleaner with the upholstery attachment is the one that has a brush on it
Get rid of all the dirt, dust, and crumbs on the mattress with the brush
Spot clean any stains on the mattress
- Identify the type of stain. Different stains require different cleaning methods. For example, blood stains are usually dark red or brown in color and have a slightly metallic odor. Rine stains are typically yellow or brown in color. Oil and grease stains are usually dark in color and have a greasy texture
- Using a clean, dry cloth, blot the stain gently to remove any excess liquid. Do not rub the stain to avoid spreading the stain further.
- Mix a small amount of mild detergent with warm water and apply the clean solution to the stain using a clean cloth. Gently blot the stain, then rinse the area thoroughly with a clean, damp cloth.
- Rinse the area thoroughly with a clean, damp cloth. Remove all of the cleaning solution from the mattress.
- Dry the area to absorb any excess moisture. Use a fan to speed up the drying process.
- If the stain is still visible, repeat the above steps until the stain is removed.
For biological stains, an enzyme cleaner is recommended. The key is to use minimal product and moisture. This technique is effective for removing blood, sweat, vomit, urine, and other similar stains.
Let the mattress dry
We can open the windows in the room to let fresh air in and help the mattress dry faster.
When the mattress is completely dry, you can put any bedding back on it
Another way to clean a mattress
Baking soda is a white powder that we use in cooking, but it can also be used for cleaning. To do that, first you can sprinkle a generous amount of baking soda all over the mattress. Then rub it in with our hands or a clean cloth. Leave its for a few hours to absorb any odors and moisture on the mattress.
After that vacuum the mattress again to get rid of all the baking soda. We can use the upholstery attachment again to do this. Make sure we get all the baking soda out of the mattress, so it doesn’t make us sneeze when we go to sleep.
What if our mattress smell….bad!
Mix a few drops of essential oil with the baking soda before we sprinkle it on the mattress. Lavender and peppermint essential oils are good choices because they help us sleep better.
Taking care of your mattress is essential and you know the reason why.
By following the tips outlined in this article, we hope your night sleep is getting better and better. Good bye, friends